Re: Glass Wax

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Glass Wax
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 9:59:23 EST

> product called "Glass Wax"?
>
> The stuff was literaly a glass wax.  You rubbed it on the windshield
> (or any other glass), let it dry to a haze, and rubbed it off.
> *CLEAN*, slippery windows, with only a little effort (lot of pink dust
> to clean up however).

My Mom always used this stuff (probably still does) for household
window cleaning.  It does do a good job, except for the pink dust noted.
I tried it on a car winshield years ago.  IMHO, this was a BIG MISTAKE.
The name says it all.  It is a wax.  It cleans and shines nicely -- while
dry.  Water beads up.  Wipers smear.  Did you ever make the mistake
of putting car wax on a winshield?  (I did in younger days)  Same
problem.

Opinions are mixed about Rain/X, but I definately place it 'way
above Glass Wax as a winshield treatment.

Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com