Compression Values

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Compression Values
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 16:30:39 -0500 (EST)
I have always looked upon the compression for an engine as a number to
use as a point of reference. I want the have even numbers across the
boards more than being converned with the actual value. (within reason !)

Yesterday someone asked me how the value was established and what it meant.
I DON'T KNOW !

He wanted a formula that said that the car was such a size and had a
compression ratio of  ?:1 and so therefore ...

Can anyone help him/me out on this ? Here I am with my well worn gauges
and I really don't know the details of what I'm doing !

Chris "wet versus dry what" Ball