rust removers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: rust removers
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Sun, 1 May 94 20:03:30 CDT
The stuff (acid rince) I bought worked extremely well. I tried it over
night on some really crusty brake drums and there now clean as a whistle.
It's better to use this stuff only mixed with another 50% of water...i.e.
skip the alcolhol part. I forgotton the dang name again...but it's
called 'Acid Rinse' and its got a picture of a cow on it. It containd
75% phosphotic acid. The best part is, it's only $4 a gallon from
your local farm supplier (HA HA...this is the first benefit I've
found of living in central IL...sorry to all you city dwellers :).
Also its colored orange (but I'm sure thats only to entice small children to
drink it).

I did a comparison test of naval jelly vs. Acid Rinse. Both did the job on
surface
rust....but a gallon of NJ will cost you more than $4! I'm also doing
a paint over test to see if you need to just water rinse/wipe/or wire woll
the treated area before painting.

Happy derusting

Marcus 'Center for rust application and treatment' Tooze