Re: Crane Cams Electronic Ignition

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crane Cams Electronic Ignition
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 08:46:24 EDT
> Date: Sun, 1 May 94 12:57:45 EDT
> From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
>
> Does anyone have any experience with the Crane Cams electronic ignition
> that Victoria British sells?  Good/bad/indifferent?

I got one from a junkyard, but haven't installed it yet. It is the same as the
old Allison ignition, I've heard good things...

I have a "Pirhanha"(sp?) ignition on my TR7, also from a junkyard, and I love
it.
It is nearly identical to the Crane Cams ignition, at least in trigger method,
both of them using identical "pickups". They are an optical triggered ignition,
with an emmitter/detector pair, separated by a slotted disk. These slots are
what
triggers it, a very simple, logical method. Excellent design.

> Thanks,

I'd get one, Allison designed it before Crane bought them, and Allison is known
for excellent designs.

> Bob
> p.s. This is for a '74 MGB.

They'll work on anything you can attach them to. :)

Later,
Kevin