Crane Cams Electronic Ignition

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crane Cams Electronic Ignition
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Mon, 02 May 94 11:30:50 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Crane Cams Electronic Ignition) File(MAY02941.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 05-02-1994 .. 09:15:12

>Date: Sun, 1 May 94 12:57:45 EDT
>From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
>Subject: Crane Cams Electronic Ignition
>

>Does anyone have any experience with the Crane Cams electronic ignition
>that Victoria British sells?  Good/bad/indifferent?

I've had one on my TR-3 for about 5 years now (at that time
they were made by Allison). It was the BEST thing I had
ever done for my car. Before I put it on I was getting a
weak orange spark and the breaker plate was worn so the
dwell setting would fluctuate. After I put on the
Electronic ignition WOW BIG BLUE SPARKS!

Really turned the car from a "fiddle under the hood a while
to get it started" car to an easy starting everyday driver.
Oh. Yea. The car is burning a little oil too, (valve steams worn)
before I put on the ignition I was changing spark plugs ever
500 miles. Since! Same SET!

IMHO Definately worth doing on ANY CAR that has points!!!

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!