Re: Air Compressors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressors
From: weverka@drip.colorado.edu (Robert T. Weverka)
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 08:44:31 -0600
I was thinking of getting an HVLP systems for my woodworking and I
wondered If this would be good for painting the car as well.

HVLP is High Volume Low Pressure.  Woodworkers swear by it for
applying stains and finishes, and most who have switched from regular
air compressors will not go back.  It has the advantage of more material
gets on the part than in the air - more efficient.

Are auto painters doing the same?  Have they discovered HVLP?

There is an article in the current "Fine Woodworking" on a build it yourself
HVLP sytem.  I might build that for my woodwork, and test it for auto.

Let me know if you have a thought on HVLP for auto painting.
thanks,
-Ted weverka@boulder.colorado.edu