Re: HVLP painting

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HVLP painting
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Thu, 05 May 94 00:59:19 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re: HVLP painting) File(MAY05941.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 05-05-1994 .. 00:54:59
>From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
>Subject: Re: HVLP painting
>
>... Stuff deleted.

>In regard to moisture traps--I have done damn near everything in the book
>to eliminate moisture from my lines--I have an overhead system of sloping
>copper lines, a trap at the outlet, all that stuff.  And if I paint a car,
>there still can be some moisture drops near the end.  Motorcraft makes
>good disposible plastic cannister type filters that screw into the spray
>gun, and these are quite helpful.  I use a fresh one at the beginning of a
>paint job, and if I put on more than two coats, I replace it.  They are $5
>or so each, but that's peanuts compared with the unhappiness of finding
>little blisters of paint covered water in your last coat of paint.

Have you tried chilling the air as it comes out of the tank?
One easy way would be to put some extra hose coiled in a bucket
of ice. Make sure you have a drip loop or drain (or several)
after the chiller cause your going to get ALOT of water out
of the cooler air. (Well ALOT of water down here in
New Orleans where the humidity is often 100percent!)

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!