HVLP Article in CAR

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: HVLP Article in CAR
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 09:55:58 -0700
Last night I dug through my collection of CLASSIC AUTO RESTORER
magazines and found the one containing the article on high volume low
pressure (HVLP) paint sprayers.  It was in the April 1991 issue.  The
article is only two pages long so I re-read it.  Basically it was a
review of the Accuspray system sold by Eastwood.  I was impressed enough
to feel the temptation myself.  The unit is fairly small, about a 1 foot
cube, easy to use and maintain and does, according to the reviewer, an
outstanding job.  Apparently even a novice user can do professional
looking work with little practice.

The disadvantages, at least for the Accuspray, is that it's rather
pricey at $649 (in 1991), and, as has already been mentioned is a single
purpose piece of equipment; it won't double as an air source for
pneumatic tools.  However, the article did mention another unit made by
Mattson Spray Equipment, Inc which works off of a standard high pressure
air supply.  The Mattson sprayer uses a pressure lowering regulator.  No
price was given for the Mattson system but apparently it's geared more
for professionals so is likely to be pricey as well.

Roland