painting minis

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: painting minis
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Fri May 6 07:32:43 1994
re: Steve's question on painting a mini lump.

Just clean the block well with degreaser, then wipe it down with
lacquer thinner.  No primer is necessary.  Use engine paint...I use
Plasti-Kote brand and it works great. I paint the transfer case the same
way. I do not paint the transmission as I like the unpainted look.

BTW, if you are going to have the engine out regularly...replace the
standard oil galley plugs with threaded ones. It makes a thorough
cleaning easier.

Jim
jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil

fanatic - one who having lost sight of his goals, redoubles his
efforts.(santayana?)