Re: MGB radiators and hello from Dan Dasaro

To: WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB radiators and hello from Dan Dasaro
From: djd@rs.com (Dan Dasaro)
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 11:24:47 EDT
Skip Kelsey in Pleasanton, CA sells refurbished MGB radiators.
The nice thing about them is they have larger cores than the original as
well as a drain plug so you don't have to drain your radiator across the
steering rack when it comes time to do so.

I think I paid about $195, which was less than the stock radiator price I
saw elsewhere.  So far so good, temp gauge reads N instead of 1/3 of the
way between N and H.  But that doesn't mean a lot, small sample set plus
I don't know the condition of the radiator and fluid just before it
failed.

On another note, has anyone fitted a shroud around an MGB fan, especially
at the bottom?  The final blow to my radiator seems to have been a small
rock that was fired into the radiator by the fan after encountering a
particularly nasty pothole.

By the way, hi everybody!  I'm back on the list after a long time.  Now
on the east coast, still have the same '73 MGB plus a '72 TR6 project car
(questions on that will come soon, I'm sure!).

-Dan Dasaro