Re: oil filters (Midget)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil filters (Midget)
From: smenzel@mti.wa.com (Sandro Menzel)
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 09:35:40 PDT
> I have a spin on converter (or maybe the spin on is stock on the '74?)
> for my Midget. I went to buy a new filter at the local AutoAirHeads
> place and the one in the book suggested a filter way too big (looked
> like a MGB filter). I've ordered the spin on one from Moss and it
> fits....so whats the standard brandname/code for this filter at your
> local AutoNoBrain shop?  I don't want order by mail every time I need an
> oil filter! (we have Autozone and Western Auto in lovely Champaign, IL)

I experienced the same problem with my oil filter adapter on my '66 Midget
(1098). My solution was to spend some time looking at the various filters to
find one of the appropriate size and threading. Of the ones that fit, I chose
one that was listed as being for a later model Midget (Phram PH 43??). Don't
have the exact info on hand at the moment.

Unfortunately, a lot of oil spills when I unscrew the oil filter (even though
the filter screws in upright) suggesting that there might be some improper or
extra pressure.

Take care.

Sandro Menzel      |  Network Administrator  | '73 Jensen-Healey
smenzel@mti.wa.com | Media Technologies, Inc | '66 MG Midget