'70 TR6 for sale in Seattle area

To: british-cars@team.net
Subject: '70 TR6 for sale in Seattle area
From: tim@eskimo.com (Tim Keane)
Date: Sun, 8 May 1994 19:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Although I am currently not subscribed to the brit-cars list, I had
been for years in the past (as timke@microsoft.com) and expect to be
again in the future.  I therefore hope that this won't be considered
inappropriate.

I am moving at the end of this month and don't have room (or time)
for my '70 TR6 any more and am trying to sell it.  I placed an ad in
the Seattle Times asking $3000/obo but am getting little response.
I haven't been following the market lately -- I know it's been off
but I didn't expect it to be this bad.  So... anybody want to buy my
car?  I'm dead serious about the "obo" part.  I will *not* be taking
this car with me when I move, so if I don't get a decent offer then
the best indecent one gets it.  Here's your chance to steal a TR6.

White with saddle (tan) interior.
Factory hard top in excellent condition.
Soft top in good condition, with new windows.
Michelin redline tires with ~90% tread left.
Stock except for Quicktrip headers and Ansa dual exhaust.
All gauges and switches work except for missing instrument light dimmer.
Original paint in good condition except where there has apparently
  been some cheap bodywork done in the past (front left lip of bonnet).
Strong engine.  ~100k miles with unknown history for the 1st ~75k.
  head rebuilt <5k miles ago, good compression, excellent oil
  pressure, does burn some oil.
Clunk in the rear end if you're not smooth with the clutch and
  throttle transitions.  Unsure whether it needs U-joints or diff.
Interior in good shape except for tears (~2-3") in driver's seat.  I put
  new carpets, dash board, and windshield in ~5 years ago.  I would've
  recovered the driver's seat at the same time except the color wasn't
  available then (it is now).  Oh, and the rear panel has speakers
  mounted in it (sorry, I was young :-( )
Rust: on a 1-10 scale where 1 is a rustbucket and 10 is perfect, probably
  a 6 or maybe 7.  The rocker panels are solid and there isn't any serious
  rot anywhere, but it's got the kind of rust you'd expect in an unrestored
  100k '70 model: between the rear deck and the rear fenders, on the floor,
  etc.  But it is basically solid.

I guess that's about it.  If you're interested, give me a call at (206)868-2171
or respond to tim@eskimo.com

Thanks,

-tim keane
aka tim@eskimo.com