I won!!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: I won!!
From: vanmatre@nprdc.navy.mil (Nick Van Matre)
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 11:09:51 -0700
Thanks Berry; glad to help with your TR6 fuel problem.  I got
all the reward I need in reading of your success with your
TR.  When I had a similar problem, the list also responded to
me; I appreciated it.  As is evident you do also.

You might think about getting yourself one of those neato SOL
t-shirts that Pat arranged for with the Image Graphics folks.
I wear mine with pride--even if the british flag is backwards.
Oops, I wasn't supposed to mention that was I Pat?

Re: the TR6 metal fuel line: I did replace mine, with a non-original
part from Kragen Auto Parts.  Actually, they sell 4 foot sections
and I stuck two pieces together to get the 6 footish section the
TR6 requires.  I tried cleaning out the old one (I also tried blowing
it out exactly like you did first--with the tire pump), but I
didn't have any success--hence it was a clear diagnostic test.
When I got the old one out, I dug around with some lengths of spring
steel and kept getting gunk out, so at that point I decided that
a new fuel line was needed.

Being a packrat, I still have the old one; but it still is clogged.
(Why am I keeping that old fuel line??)

Nick "now owner of an air compressor-Sears 4hp, 25 gal-and retired
      bicycle pump, and loving it" Van Matre