British car tunes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British car tunes
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 13:11:10 -0500

        I read the note with the lyrics about the MGBGT... Has
        any one besides me heard of THE BALLAD OF MINNIE COOPER?

        I believe the author of this was a Brit by the name of
        Fred Wedlock, from his album "Out of Wedlock". I be-
        lieve Mr. Wedlock is British and is one of the few
        who may still be doing song parodies of a traditional
        nature.

        I have been trying to find his albums here in the colonies
        however most record stores (even the good ones) have no Idea
        how to get them.

        Any of our British SOLs know where his music can be had?

        Please let me know. The album "Out of Wedlock" had me on the
        floor laughing... Unfortunately the tape I had of the album
        has succumbed to the ravages of time and a slightly carniv-
        erous tape player.

        As always, thanks in advance....
                                        Greg Petrolati

--
        "Three Breaks for tea and home before dark!"

    Greg Petrolati                 gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org
        1962 TR4