MGB Convertible Top Question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Convertible Top Question
From: Scott Turner <srt@sun-dimas.aero.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 10:11:41 -0700
I'm (still) installing a new convertible top on my 79 MGB.  There's a
strut that runs just above the rear window on this style top.  The
strut is removable, and on my old top, ran through a cloth tube just
above the rear window.  Or it might have been glued into this tube.

The top I'm installing doesn't have such a cloth tube, but it does
have two pieces of cloth in the right place that could be sewed
together to form a tube or glued to the strut.  Any idea what the
"right" thing to do is?

                                        -- Scott T.