Re: The Wonderful Car and Bob's Clutch

To: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Subject: Re: The Wonderful Car and Bob's Clutch
From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 20:40:36 -0700 (PDT)

Scott Fisher writes:
> Now if you're *very* brave, and clap your hands extra hard to
> show Tink that you believe in fairies, you can drive home without
> depressing the clutch.

**** I did this once.  On my Norton.  The clutch cable had broken.
I could make it home as long as I didn't stop.  Oh, no!  Red light!
Here we go, round and round in the middle of the street!  OK, light's
green!  Left turn, and vroom - up to the next light.  Red!  Slide
past the line of cars to the right, make a right turn at the light,
go down the street, pull a youeee, back up the street and turn
right at the original street with the red light.  Whew, people
waiting back there must think I'm a real *sshole:-).  Lucky, no cops!
Freeway entrance, know I won't have to stop now.... home free!

                                  - Jerry "never stop" Kaidor