Paint, sand, etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint, sand, etc.
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 11:28:59 EDT
I am planning to paint my MGB soon and since it would seem I have to
replace the clutch, I plan to paint the engine bay while the engine is
out.  So, what I want to know is how much paint does it take to paint
an MGB Roadster?  I plan to do the interior, engine bay, and trunk as
well as the exterior.  I think I am going to use Acrylic Laquer since
everything I have seen on this list and elsewhere said it is the
safest for at home use.

Also, does anybody know what color code is of the MG in the
w-mgb*.gif pictures that have been loaded to triumph?  All answers of
"green" will be forwarded to /dev/null.  This color looks great on my
Sun and I think would make a good starting point for my search for a
good color.

Finally, I picked up a cheapie sandblaster last night.  The
instructions are very limited (basically one long legal disclaimer).
What kind of sand can you use with these?  Ordinary sandbox sand or
something more exotic?  If you can't use regular sand, why not?

Thanks,

Bob