Midget Heater Valve

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Heater Valve
From: Ken Neff <kneff@tivoli.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 9:29:06 CDT
I have a simple question:

To turn the heater valve off (stop coolant from flowing through the heater
core), do I turn the valve fully clockwise or counterclockwise (anticlockwise
for OFATP)?  I had assumed clockwise, but I ended up with a heater hose full
of hot coolant.  My valve could be broken, but I could just be turning it the
wrong way.

The car is a 1973 MG Midget.

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                        Ken

--
1988 Hawk GT (racebike)      If it can't kill ya'          Ken Neff
1975 Ducati 750GT              it ain't a sport            Tivoli Systems, Inc.