Re: [TR6] Transmission rebuild cost?

To: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR6] Transmission rebuild cost?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 12:20:15 -0700
In message <199405121824.LAA20811@uclink.berkeley.edu> Flemming Larsen writes:
> I just got a quote for rebuilding the transmission for my 1974 Triumph
> TR6 (4 speed, no OD) for $950.
>
> At the moment, I don't have anything to compare that price to.
>
> Does that price seem reasonable? Does anybody in the SF Bay Area have
> experiences with local transmission shops. If I decide to go with the
> $950 quote, should I at least expect some kind of warranty on the
> rebuilt transmission. Anything else I should know before going ahead?

If the price includes removing & replacing the transmission, it looks good to
me.  If you are doing that & providing the transmission it seem a bit high.
Your estimate should have been X$ plus parts.  They should know how much time it
will take them to go through a transmission but untill they see whats inside
there is no telling how many new parts it will cost.

Who Makes Triumph?  I get that question all the time from the sage professional
mechanic/ parts man.

Land Rover, Thats Tyota right? AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561