Sybil seems healthy!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sybil seems healthy!
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 09:37:39 PDT
(Context: Sybil is a 1972 TR6)

Well, blowing out the main steel fuel line seems to have helped a lot, and
Sybil now happily motors to and from work.  I've driven my daughter to school,
up to work, back to daycare after work and home all week, and had only one
problem.

When fiddling around, I swapped the 2-inlet banjo on the intake manifold that
had connections for the brake booster hose and something else that was plugged
with a hose and a wood screw for a one-inlet brake booster only fitting from
my spare manifold'n'carbs.  (I also fitted the old throttle linkage that was
complete and not kludged, and adjusted the length of the control arms so that
the throttle opens fully).

I also trimmed 1/2 an inch off the end of the hose to deal with some checks
and fraying.

The next morning Sybil started OK, but after a bit started running real rough.
 IO had to keep the choke out to keep her running and the the brake effort
went up.  Aha!

This was Bad NEws/Good News: the good news is the brake booster works fine, as
long as it gets vacuum.  THe bad news was that the brake booster vacuum hose
fell off the manifold fitting, leading to a nasty air leak.

I pushed the hose back on, made it to work, and after I got home went and put
a hose clamp on.  No more problems.

THings look good for the Sunday Run!  Yahoo!

  --berry