Re: Moto Lita Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moto Lita Wheels
From: tannen@hcc01.babson.edu
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 08:57:58 -0400 (EDT)
>Anyone out there sprung for a lovely steering wheel from these folks. I
>want a wood rim one and my question is - do you HAVE to also order the
HUB
>to use with it (this is on the Healey 3000) or can you use the old
centre.

My experience comes from installing a Moto Lita wheel on a Mark III Sprite
- hope this helps.  I had to use the Moto Lita hub because of the bolt
circle they use; the wheel has eight mounting holes, and the bolt pattern
is probably unique to Moto Lita.

>I'm asking because my other ponderance is : What about the signal lever
>at the centre of the wheel. It's a nice vintage feature and I don't want
>to relocate it to the dash! Can you retain that with the new Moto Lita
wheel?

The hub I used was a perfect replacement.  But the Sprite uses a steering
column mounted turn signal lever...  I have sources for Moto Lita hubs if
you're interested.

Skip Tannen
1965 Mark III Sprite

TANNEN@BABSON.EDU