1/12 scale Caterham Kit by Tamiya

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1/12 scale Caterham Kit by Tamiya
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 18:59:04 -0700
Recently, Kazuhiro Igeta wrote about a new kit car:

> Recently, Tamiya released a 1/8 plastic model.

Actually, the scale is 1/12.

> The kit price here in Japan is 19,800yen.

I went to a local hobby shop, "The Kit and Kaboodle", here in California.
They did not have the kit, but they did have a picture of it. This model
is INCREDIBLY beautiful. The details are AMAZING. The store called the
Tamiya distributor for price and availability. I just got a reply from
the owner of the store.
The kit is only available on special order and the price is _$350.00_.
But think of the possibilities. You wouldn't have to worry about
parking space. You could park it on your kitchen table!

I want one, Kazuhiro. How much is 19,800 yen? Oh yeah, does it take as
long to put together as the real thing?

-- Flemming Larsen                      flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu