Gas in the Crankcase

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas in the Crankcase
From: "John F. Kolb" <RACERX%DLV1@YMV5.YMP.GOV>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 06:20:32 -0800 (PST)
Ray Gibbons writes about gas in the crankcase after storing his Alpine.

I wish I could say I had the same trouble with an Alpine, but I did it
with a VW stationwagon.  The gas tank is up front, and it was parked
while I was away at school, nose up.  I don't know how gas got past the
fuel injectors, but when I pulled the dipstick, there was only gas with a
hint of oil (for color ?) and it was WAY overfull.  Unfortuneately, Dad
had already started the car, and the already worn bearings just didn't
take it.  To this day, dad has a VW engine sitting on a little red wagon
in the garage waiting to go in.

JKF - Kolbj@ymv5.ymp.gov - Wind in my Hair, Shifting and drifting
                         - Mechanical music, Adrenalin surge
                         - Rush, from Red Barchetta