Moto-Lita and other Answers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Moto-Lita and other Answers
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 07:38:26 -0400
Well, thanks to all of you who have related your steering wheel stories.
I think (now that I look at hub prices) that I've confused the issues of
the hub - with the bolt on pattern - with that of the CONTROL HEAD assembly.

For a car with a less involved set of electrics (or none) in the steering
column there need only be a dressing plate in the centre of the wheel.
For those of us with (TR3, Heale, etc.) with  a signal switch in the
centre of the wheel the issue is "WILL THERE BE CLEARANCE IN THE NEW HUB
TO CARRY THE ORIGINAL CONTROL HEAD"

If not then (even with the new hub) one has to reroute all that wiring to
the dash for the signals.

I DID find a picture of a Healey with a MotoLita wheel that still has the
centre signal, but I can't see how it was accomplished.

As for the colour of the foliding top hardware on the 3000, the answer is
that all the Healeys had a dove grey hardware setup. The car pictured in
the ORIGINAL HEALEY is incorrect and actually notes that.

The little wooden pieces for the windows to roll into were covered wit ha
thin CREAM coloured fabric, with the POSSIBLE exception of the healey
Blue cars.