TR6 Seat Kits.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Seat Kits.
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 07:46:08 -0400
The leather seat kits are a little tricker, because you have no real
stretch to let out the little creases, as you do with vynil. I worked or
a leather upholstery  shop for two years in a past life and can vouch for
this!

However, the good seat kits are not at all tricky if you have good frames
and new foams. You always have a second chance too, as there;s a lot of
metal clipping involved.

As far as space goes you can just bring in one set back and base and work
in a corner of even the smallest apartment.. It's note that messy a job.

I encourage you to do it yourself. Clean, repaint and rust treat if
necessary the frames while you have the chance!

As an example I've done a Spitfire in leather and a TR3 and both look great.
On the other hand two friends have taken theirs to shops who, it would
appear, gave the job to young apprentice lads, due to the ease of the
job. It shows!

Thanks again for the answers. I'm going for the wheel. You can't stop me now!

"No, dont you go through that doorway. Don't you know it's a trap!"

Brent Titcombe
Singing about a visit to the TRF Parts Tent

Chris Ball