Re: MG Museum Revisited

To: Barry Fox <fox@imagitex.com>
Subject: Re: MG Museum Revisited
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 11:00:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 19 May 1994, Barry Fox wrote:

> If memory serves, Roger Goguen of MG Museum fame, was first chair
> trombone (or insert correct instrument here) of the Boston Symphony
> Orchestra before he retired and started the museum.  Visited the
> place with the fam one day several years ago and had a picnic on
> one of the many tables provided for just such a purpose in the front
> yard.  Have not been there lately, but really thought the picnic
> tables was a nice touch.  The museum is really worth the trip.  Lotsa
> neat MGs and MG stuff in a renovated stable (again if memory serves)
> atmosphere.  Recommend the trip to anyone.
>
> Barry Fox    fox@imagitex.com   DuPont Imagitex    65 TR4A
>   W1HFN

Roger ---> Gerry
Trombone ---> Horn
Stable ---> Barn (subtle distinction, except to Vermonters)
Recommend the trip to anyone ---> absolutely.

This is one of the (or *the*) largest private MG collections in world.
I've been there 5 or 6 times and will go again.  The musician owner fell
in love with the sound of a TD, bought one, then went completely off the
deep end.

Ray (picky picky picky) Gibbons