Re: Did I hear you right?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did I hear you right?
From: dombey@plato.ds.boeing.com (John R Dombey)
Date: Fri, 20 May 94 07:51:19 PDT
Mark V Grieshaber queried:

>What is the general group experience (I am specifically asking of male
>participants with significant others) with partner tolerance/approval
>of britcar related activities?

Jill's reaction varies from amused tolerance to genuine appreciation to
resigned acceptance.  The appreciation comes in when she figures out just
how inexpensive our L/lbc's are to keep running, at least compared to more
modern cars.  All this and no monthly payments!  The resigned acceptance
comes from those few occasions when I really need an extra person to help
out - bleeding things and installing engines come to mind.  She'd really
rather be doing something else, but since I asked nicely (and my rates
are _so_much_lower_ than a shops'...).  Amused tolerance happens when
she catches me standing in the garage just looking at the cars with a
silly smile on my face (she knows that I'm thinking: 'they're still
here!'  As if they were just visiting)  or when I get excited about getting
some new catalog from TRF or somewhere.  If something brings a smile
to my face, she'll certainly tolerate it, even if she doesn't like/can't
understand it.  Not active participation, but for sure the next best thing.

Hope you all are as fortunate...

John