Wives vs. Cars

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Wives vs. Cars
From: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 11:45:02 +0600
> What is the general group experience (I am specifically asking of male
> participants with significant others) with partner tolerance/approval
> of britcar related activities?

My wife's a Car Girl.  Not terribly mechanically inclined, but she understands
the mindset.  She spent her childhood buzzing around the SouthEast US in her
dad's Model A (nice piece, that).  He's got her a cherry '65 Mustang 'vert
waiting for when we get a garage.  When I want to order bits for the B, but
we need food, too, she just smiles, pats my li'l head, and says, "I understand,
dear...".  I think I love her.

-todd
todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil

'74 MGB               98K mi
'84 VW Rabbit Diesel 176K mi (broken timing belt; immobile)
'84 Volvo 245GL      166K mi
'85 Nishiki Prestige custom  (not ridden these days; make an offer)

"People said it because other people said it.  They did not know why it
was being said and heard everywhere.  They did not give or ask for
reasons."
                      - Ayn Rand, from _Atlas Shrugged_