Utah region drivers' school 5/21

To: autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Utah region drivers' school 5/21
From: Scott Stone <Scott.Stone@m.cc.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 May 1994 00:03:33 -0600 (MDT)
Well, I went to the driver's school today.  It was thirty bucks.  I must
say, I got my money's worth.  probably the most important thing that I
learned was that I have to, "use the whole course", as was told to me by
Charlie Shelton.  Apparently I wasn't starting far enough outside, and I
was apexing too early (wow, is there potential for cheap smutty humor in
this.. oh well).  I finally learned to take a better line, and it helped
me immensely.  Not to mention, this was the first day on my RSIIs, and
they were also impressive - makes my MR2 almost completely neutral.  I
couldn't believe it - nothing I could do would spin the thing today.  I
actually pulled a muscle from the G-forces created by my car through a
couple of the school's turns.  Maybe I can do better than dead-last
tomorrow, eh?

* Scott Stone <ss8913@u.cc.utah.edu>
* 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo * B-Stock
* Utah Region SCCA - Member #J223893