(TR6) A couple of more questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: (TR6) A couple of more questions
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 10:31:06 PDT
        >Question number 1: Is this right angle drive repairable? Available new
        >or reconditioned? Available used? Expensive? All of the above? None of
        >the above?

It depends on how it broke. Yes, new and recon (check a taximeter or
speedo shop, not a britcars supplier). Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

I've had them break where the bit of speedo cable twisted out because
the works froze up. Got it repaired at a speedo shop for about $40, as
opposed to $75 or more new.

Taxis use these things by the handful; find a non-britcar source.