Spitfire Mk II Driveshaft

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Mk II Driveshaft
From: okane@cscns.com (Olin Kane)
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 12:57:54 -0600 (MDT)
I'm back with my vibrating driveshaft. In a previous posting, I mentioned
the vibration problem I'm having with my Spitfire driveshaft. Many of you
gave me tips which I've explored. I double checked U-joints, reversed the
drive shaft to differential 180 degrees, tried balancing using hose
clamps, etc. Some improvement but the problem still exists. I also now
know the problem is an unbalanced driveshaft as I've eliminated all other
sources.

Since I've not had good luck getting the shaft balanced here (tried two
different shops), I'd like to send it to a shop that has experience with
Spitfires and who will do a really good job of rebuilding it. Anyone know
of such a shop anywhere in the USA?

--
Olin Kane
Albuquerque