Re: Water Wetter

To: triumph@io.org (Christopher Ball)
Subject: Re: Water Wetter
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 94 9:40:55 PDT
> You MIX is with your regular EG coolant  to improve the heat shedding
> abilities and, I believe, the "bonding" of the coolant to the metal
> surfaces.
>
> Can anyone else who uses it think of a better way to put it ? It has
> helped my cooling on the Spitfire by 7 - 10 degrees, and thus helped with
> my highway oil pressure.

I looked at a Red Line blurb to see if it had anything additional to say
about how the stuff works.  It didn't.  The name itself, I suppose,
pretty much says it.  It's a wetting agent; kinda like adding a little
soap to water to make it cling to surfaces better.  In other words
pretty much what you say above.  No, I don't recommend using soap as a
replacement.

The blurb does say that it has additive to inhibit corrosion and, in the
case of the crystals, a lubricant.  About all it says about its coolant
properties is that it improves the heat transfer properties of water.

Roland