Re: How to test a Lucas turn signal flasher

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to test a Lucas turn signal flasher
From: Dirk de Boer <dirk.deboer@usask.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 10:46:38 -0600 (CST)
Thanks to all who replied. With the information I went to the car and
in five minutes solved the problem which had me stumped for two evenings.
Turns out the Lucas three prong flasher was defective, and I hooked
up the generic replacement in the wrong way. As was stated in one reply
to my call for help: don't assume that all three prong flashers use the
same prongs for a specific function, or that the wiring under the dashboard
has not been changed.

Dirk "with all turn signals working and the brake lights too! de Boer