Re: Fibre board

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fibre board
From: hiran@ee.uts.edu.au (Hiran Wijetilaka)
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 9:29:10 EST
Jody Writes:
----------------------------------

> Date:         Wed, 25 May 1994 16:45:56 -0400
> From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
> Subject: Fibreboard door panels
>

> The interior door panels on my TR7 are pretty warped and somewhat mangled.
> I bought some vinyl paint to recolour the faded covers, but I'd like to
> renew the fibreboard (Masonite) as well. It's a flat piece except for
> a fairly sharp curve at the top toward the window.
>
> How do you bend this fibreboard stuff without cracking it?
>
> Jody
>
> jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto - '79 TR7 with weathered interior
I read somewhere how this guy used an old kettle to boil some water and use
the steam to gently 'mould' the masonite. This was to mould a panel covered
with carpet to a wheel arch.
Maybe this might help !
Dunno what a tr7 interior looks like, but while I was redoing the MGB interior
I used a coping saw to cut the masonite ... then again I only had flat surfaces.

Hope this helps...
--
hiran

hiran@ee.uts.edu.au