Another Spit/GT6

To: DJP@alpha.sunquest.com
Subject: Another Spit/GT6
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 07:00:00 PDT
Dan Parslow says:
<... there's this great MkIII GT6 for sale here for $1500.  I'm tempted to buy
it,
pull the body off, drop the Spit body on and substitute the '6's own bonnet.
Voila, a Spitfire 2000!   But I can't bring myself to reduce a good car to
parts.>

Sure, go ahead and make me feel guilty!  I just bought a 1968 GT6 at Carlisle -
complete but "weathered" - for $450.  It even came with a clean NJ title.
However, it *will* donate its chassis, running gear, doors, seats and wooden
dashpanel to the 1964 Spitfire I bought last fall.  Scion Bill Woodruff has
completed a similar conversion and there were two others at the Roadster
Factory party last year.  Very neat and functional!  I know the '68 still had
swing axles (not rotoflex couplings) but the deal was too good pass up.
We'll install a camber compensator; this car doesn't have to handle like a
Formula car!
A few people said it was a shame to part out the GT6, so would anyone like
to buy a 1147 cc, four-cylinder GT6 with central dash and Spitfire seats?
We can talk....

George Haynes
1965 TR4A, BRG, IRS, Surrey Top, Overdrive
1956 MGA, Dove Grey, live axle, soft top, Overdrive
1964 Spitfire Mk I soon-to-become 1964 Spitfire Mk I "2000"