Sprite Radio found in Archaeological Dig in Berry's Garage

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite Radio found in Archaeological Dig in Berry's Garage
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 1994 20:17:24 PDT
Well, I was going through a box of Bentley parts while waiting for
Scott Fisher and Tim Takahashi to come over and help get the transaxle
back into the VW Jetta (which is in itself irrelevant, except that
there is a certain smug satisfaction to chasing parts for a late-model
VW in a TR-6) when what did I find (besides a terrible run-on sentence)
but an authentic BMC Sprite radio and console!

It's an AM radio, with volume, tone and tuning knobs, 5 tuning presets
and a black crinkle finish "console" to mount beneath the dash of a
Sprite.  The glass tuning face says "British Motor Company" on it.

I'm assuming it came out of my old Sprite; it couldn't have
come out of the Rover, the Bentley or the TR-6.

I must not have sent it along when I sold the Sprite more than 14
years ago.  It appears to be in fairly good shape.  Dunno if the radio
actually *works*.  The metal console is bent up a little at the back
corners and one bolting tab is missing.  No significant rust.  Clean
it off and you can bolt it right in.

If anyone is restoring a Sprite (or Midget, I guess) and wants it,
send me, oh, $20 to cover packing and shipping and a couple of ESB's
and it's yours.

  --berry