Picnic Baskets and Decal glue/unglue

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Picnic Baskets and Decal glue/unglue
From: radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 13:59:44 PDT
Greetings,

A while back there was a thread about picnic baskets.  Well, I just
opened up my latest issue of _The Pottery Barn_ catalog and they had a
decent sized one, complete with internal straps (leather), plastic
dishes, etc for around $90 (I believe).  Seems fairly cheap compared
to other prices but then again, these are simply woven baskets, Wal
Mart dishes and a few strips of cow skin.  If anyone is interrested
(and perhaps even if no one is) I will try to bring in the catalog and
type in the description.  It's a pretty neat catalog -- lots of hand
made household type goods. (Note: sorry if this was already mentioned
as a source.)

Also a while back, someone mentioned _Bestine_ as a good chemical to
remove decal adhesive.  Well, here's my non LBC situation.
The fairings on my motorcycle are missing some spots where the PO
decided to rub macadam on the decals.  I have some of the destroyed
fairings (replaced by used ones) and want to (1) remove little circles
of decal and (2) re-adhere these to the spots on the bike with decal
damage.  That way from far away it will look better.
So I need...
     -adhesive remover
     -new adhesive which will not become unsticky in the desert sun
     -places to buy this stuff

Thanks,
Tim

(BTW, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintanence applies much more to
the entropy stricken GT6mkIII than it does to the CBR600 that starts
every time and only leaks oil if I dribble Motul around the filler cap
by accident.)