famous quotes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: famous quotes
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 12:59:50 EDT
>To: Jag lovers
>From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
>Subject: famous quotes
>
>Fellow jag-o-philes:
>
>For some time now we have been engaged in an informal listing of movies and
television shows with Jags in them, which I have enjoyed.  I was driving
along in the '67 yesterday thinking of famous quotes about Jags and wonder
if there is some net.wisdom on this subject too.  The only ones I came up
with are as follows:

>regarding the E-type, I seem to remember that Phil Hill described it as
"the dumb blonde of sports cars," though I couldn't possible provide a
reference for that quote.

>regarding Jags in general, didn't Road and Track coin the phrase "Grace,
space and pace"?

>and lastly, didn't Road and Track also describe the E-type as "the greatest
crumpet collector in the world" or something to that effect?

>Comments/corrections/additons anyone?
>
>Ah, the car culture!
Will Zehring
Department of Biochemistry
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Avenue
Detroit, Michigan       48201

phone: (313) 577-4199
fax:      (313) 577-2765