Interesting Source of Information Regarding Parts, Racing, etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting Source of Information Regarding Parts, Racing, etc.
From: mws1@admin01.osi.COM (Matt Silveira x257)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 09:50:39 PDT
I hope that no one flames me on the list for suggesting this but here
goes. . .

I was reading one of many magazines I purchase, called "Circle Track"
and I came upon many things that have been recent topics/threads in the
group.

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT MAKING A COMMERICAL PITCH FOR THIS, ITS JUST
F.Y.I.

In the June Issue there was:

A very thorough topic regarding connecting rods (applicable in many
parts to BMC engines)

A listing for CV products which has a huge variety of sources for
fasteners.

A listing for Total Seal Piston rings which are great for racing
applications for BMC engines.

A toll-free number for Union 76 Racing Gas 800-447-4700 on where in
your local area to purchase

Listings for Koni and Carrera coil-over shocks (great for racing
suspension conversions)

A listing for Ed Iskenderian Racing Cams (make a great 1/2, 3/4, and
full race cam for the B engines)

A listing for a model shop advertising over 1000 different hard to find
model kits.

Now I realize that the name of the magazine implies good ole' boys with
cars that require tools more appropriate for pipe fitters and heavy
construction equipment rather than refined British cars.  And, I
realize that many of the items are for big American V-8s and Stockers,
but you'd be suprised that there are several listings for British Ford
4-in-lines, other racing items (apparel) and such.

My logic is, what better place to find race grade parts, fasteners,
etc. than a racing magazine.

Cheers,

Matt Silveira
matt@osi.com