Re: Schlierer's response to Petrolati's obser..forget it.

To: British-cars@autox.team.net, RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU
Subject: Re: Schlierer's response to Petrolati's obser..forget it.
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 10:40:51 +0800
~ WARNING. no lbc content.
~
~ Greg. I still think of Swedish cars as funky. What's funkier than a
~ SAAB 95? Or an early Sonnet? The Volvo 142(?) looked like a mid 1940's
~ Ford, and isn't that funky?

You're thinking of the 544, which I always describe as looking like
a stretched VW Beetle.  The 142 looks, from certain angles, rather
like a Rover P6 with an early Audi 5000 front end on it... or something.
The 122 looks like a mid-Fifties American car mixed with traces of
small Alfa coupe.  I like our 122, and of course it has dual SU carbs
for something approaching British content.

~ Rik, now driving a MX6GT to comute, Schlierer

What about your 280ZX?  (I had a Newcastle and a long pleasant chat
with Bob Bownes last night and got to hear about babies in Spitfires.
That's the ticket! :-)

Britcars content: Rosilla, our immaculate '63 122S, returned the favor
today.  You may recall a few weeks ago that Kim was on the outbound
leg of what would have been a 1000-mile trip when the input line to
her SUs shook loose.  I drove out in the M.G. to fix that, but had
to return to get someone else to drive the Volvo home.

Today, Kim had to fill up a couple of gas cans and rescue me.  I fill
the M.G.'s tank based on the odometer, and I obviously didn't allow
enough of a slop factor for the hour it spent at idle on Sunday while
the rings were seating.  So Kim and the girls showed up in the shiny
red 122S to rescue me in the shiny (but scratched) green MGB.

In any case, if you let a motor run for 45 minutes to an hour (blipping
the throttle by hand every so often to vary the revs), be sure to fill
the tank no matter *how* much you think you have in there.  (What?  You
mean your fuel gauge works?  What a concept!)

Oh, and I'll tell Adventures In Metalworking later under separate
cover.  It may turn into Adventures In Shipwrightery...

--Scott "Hey, Chris, wanna show me how that DMM works?" Fisher