Emmissions and Inspection in MA

To: @car.dis
Subject: Emmissions and Inspection in MA
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 16:44:45 EDT
HELP!
        The commonwealth of Massachusetts is turning against us and
will be testing all post '68 cars for emmissions NEXT year!  As you
folks in state know all cars 15 years and older are currently exempt.
The testing will subject all cars to the current emmision standards
that are derated by the age of the car.  What that means is not clear.
How does that compare with the standards of the production date of
our LBC's?  Good question, if you find out let me know.

QUESTION:
The registry of motor vehicles Director of Inspection told me today
that if my car originally had a catalytic converter, it must also have
one for inspection, check with the manufacturer.  Thank you very much.
Well, my car came from sunny CA and DID originally have one.  Which
I promptly took off with pleasure during a dual SU carb coversion.  So
do 1976 (9/75) M.G. B's originally have converters?  Are cars sent to
CA somehow identified by the VIN?

God I hate this stuff!  Let us drive our 6500 miles a year in peace!

Skip "where can I find a shady garage?" Cusack
Cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Groton, MA (508) 858-5492