Spridget Floorpan

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (digest)
Subject: Spridget Floorpan
From: Curt Onstott <fungus@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 23:00:17 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy,

My Midget arrived from Portland this morning.  I started out by giving it
a good cleaning and degreasing the engine.  It was kind of an eyesore
when it first arrived because the paint was oxidized and stained.  I took
Scotts advice and gave the Meguars a try.  The difference is amazing!

Anyway, I removed the seats and carpet to check the floorpan.  When I
looked at the car the floorpan seemed fairly solid.  Upon removing the
carpet, I discovered that on both sides at the rear seat bolts closest to
the doors the floor has rusted a little thin.  The floor pans are still
pretty solid.  I weigh 200 pounds and can bounce up and down on the floor
without it doing anything.  So should I just sand the floorpans down and
seal them?  Is there a good rubberized coating that I can apply with a
brush to prevent further damage?

Thanks!
Curt Onstott