Re: Movie cars: Aston-Martin NOT 007's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Movie cars: Aston-Martin NOT 007's
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 10:37:34 +0800
~ My daughter rented Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".  It was neat to see an
~ Aston-Martin drop-head cruising San Francisco and the California coast.

I like the way the lovebirds lean on the corners.  The foley work
bothered me, though, as in one scene the engine noise doesn't seem
consistent with the car's motion or with the road.  But that's a
nit to pick with an otherwise superb car and film.

~ The car had enough room in the back seat for two women, one of whom was
~ shell-shocked from a seagull attack.  What model was this, A-M fans?  DB-3?

DB2/4 tourer.  Hmmm, maybe I should go out to the trunk and take a look
at Steve Valin's book before I return it today at lunch...

--Scott