E Types

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: E Types
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 11:06:32 +0000 ()
Yes, E types are the dumb blonde of sports cars. What P.Hill went on to
say (and could not be said today in the politically correct media) was
that were "gorgeous to look at, great for a quick ride, but very trying
and expensive for a long term relationship"

There was a special edition of, I think it was Popular Classics (a wine
red oval logo)  for an anniversary of the E Type. There's a red Series
one on the cover. Anyway, it brings up that great quote from, it could
only be Henry Manney the III, that the E type is the worlds greatest
crumpet collector.

In my MG books there it a very similar advert for the pre-war sedans, so
I'm not sure if Jag can claim the "Pace/Space/Grace" line. It was not the
journalists though, it was definitely  a slogan, borrowed it would appear.

I saw pieces of a really obsure film, in Italian, which I stumbled uopn and
watched only because there was a Viteese on the screen driving a
fullchat. Three minutes later the fellow parks it, is shot by the passenger,
 and she drives off in it. At the next bend she goes over a cliff and says
 the big goodbye too. So, that's all I watched.