FYI

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: FYI
From: montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 94 21:48:24 EDT
>From rec.autos.marketplace...

   From: vahlberg@leland.Stanford.EDU (John David Vahlberg)
   Newsgroups: rec.autos.marketplace
   Date: 4 Jun 1994 21:20:46 GMT

   Location: Bay area ( Mountain View ) California.

   It's not mine, but I do know that the owner ( my landlord ) wants to
   sell it.  It's in my backyard, so I have an interest in seeing it go,
   not to mention that if it stays there its condition will only
   deteriorate and that bugs me.  I don't know if the owner will ever get
   around to placing an ad, so...

   To the best of my knowledge, it is a '69.  I know it is a Sunbeam Alpine,
   and I think it is a series IV or some such thing.  It is sky blue, and
   most of the bodywork appears to be solid.  The interior upholstery and
   convertible top is a mess.  The interior is currently piled with parts,
   and the trunk is also full of parts.  It appears that most of the
   parts are spares related to the car, but I am not positive.  I think
   I saw a bumper in the garage that might belong to it also.  The engine
   supposedly runs, but has a knock.  I know for a fact that it has been at
   least 4 months that it has not been run, since that is about when it
   appeared in my backyard.  Things did appear to be complete under the hood,
   from what I could tell.

   In my opinion, it would make either a good parts car or a good project car,
   and I think the owner would take a price that was fair for the car's
   condition.  He would rather see it go to a good home than make the extra
   buck, so it might be a good opportunity.

   If there is any interest in this, please let me know and I will be glad
   to clarify my info, push him to name a price, look under the car, or
   whatever to answer your questions.  Also, if anyone has a good suggestion
   on where else to post this message that might generate interest, please
   let me know that as well.

   Thanks a bunch,
   John Vahlberg
   vahlberg@leland.stanford.edu