Dual SUs - worth it.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dual SUs - worth it.
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 12:48:16 +0000 ()
his Spitfire  I would say that - yes - it is a good mod to go for. This
is not simply because I'm a big fan of the Sus or because i like the
look of the dual carbs (although both those statements ARE true for me
personally)  but because the Spitfire engine seems to have enough trouble
breathing freely.

I can't recall now just how good the exhuast manifold on the earlier
Spittys were  (they are a curse on the 1500s, esp. with the ERG) but if
you've got the engine inhaling nicely with 2 SUs and a dual intake then
you might want to let all that spent stuff out again. Shipwrights disease
I know Larry, but a free flowing header even, and an exhaust that flows
too would REALLY make a difference.

HMMMM, maybe a higher lift on the .... NAAA !

CB