M.G.B Heaters and M.O.T. M.G. Day

To: @car.dis
Subject: M.G.B Heaters and M.O.T. M.G. Day
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 09:02:54 EDT
I think I have a bright idea, but I have not seen it on any other
cars - yet.  For you M.G.B owner's who either have done a dual carb
conversion, or put on a pretty aluminum valve cover that you don't
want to cover up with the hot water heater pipe, what do you think
about this?  Connect the bottom right hose from the heater box to
the water outlet at the back of the block that used to run a hose to
the water choke on that awful Zeinith Stromberg.  Then just cap the
elbow up at the radiator to eliminate running a hose or pipe from the
front of the engine bay to the rear.  Anybody tried this?

I would feel better if I could just complain for a minute about what
a bloody bitch replacing the air control cable is.  Oh man, threading
the inner cable through the flap on the bottom of the heater box whilst
working through that little aperture in the passenger's foot well nearly
drove me mad.  But now it all works so well.  I would stronly recommend
to anyone pulling out the heater box to inspect and/or renew this cable
when it is a simple job, and NOT do what I did.

Moderate turn out at M.G. day in Brookline this Sunday.  About thirty cars,
fully half of them were A's or T's.  Many were breath taking, but the
fairest of them all was Jack Horner's new BRG Daimler V-8.  Oh my, what an
elegant car.  I'm sure Chief Inspector Morse would approve...

Skip
Cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Groton, MA (508) 858-5492