Spitin' 6 moves a step closer

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitin' 6 moves a step closer
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 11:54:18 CDT
Back form Ne Mexico with plenty-o stuff to talk about.

1) The Champaign car fest was cool. Lots of beautiful cars. I picked up a
nice tonneau (sp?) and boot cover at last. Now the Midget looks very tidy
with the roof down.

We did a 'convoy' of around 40 cars to a local beauty spot....heh heh. For
that last 10 miles there was a v. v. strong gas smell coming from the Midget.
We arrived and I popped the hood to find a couple of gallons of gas covering
everything under the hood. Not good. I had swapped in new jets the other day.
They had abviously stuck open, sending gas through th evap. lines to the carbon
canister from which gas was spewing right next to the coil.

I didn't have the old jets with me, so I tapped the carbs to drop the jets,
then stuck the evap line into an empty bud-light can wedged next to the
heater box. We limped home, stopping to tap the carbs, and empty the bud light
can back into the tank......NOT REALLY! It would have looked too wierd
with me emptying can of bud-light into the back of my car!

I swapped the jets and she runs fine. Oh yes....i rechecked the points gap...
it was at .2 instead of 0.16. My car actually runs perfectly now!! I'm amazed.
Thanks to Pelham for pointing out to double double double check my ignition!

2) I picked up a parts GT6...so now I have far too much junk in my back yard.
I'll pull the motor/tranny this week. If anybody needs a spit 1500 tranny/motor
give me a shout. Theres also a bunch of GT6 bits up for sale too. I also
have a rust free perfect shape spit 1500 hood (bonnet) for sale....so I can
then buy a GT6 hood for the spit!

Marcus

PS. There is somebody from the roadster factory on this list?? Could that
person contact me, or could somebody give me the email address?