Re: Polishing aluminum

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polishing aluminum
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 11:50:53 PDT
While recently on a quest in Texas (it's a long story), I re-discovered
a product from my past. It's called Nev-r Dull or some such silly
spelling. It's cotton-based wadding that's got a little naptha and some
metal polish impregnated in it; it comes in a blue can.

I had forgotten just how good this stuff is. It doesn't provide the
ultimate sheen that Simmichrome will, but it gets very close as is much
easier to use. It will clean off collected dirt and polish in more or
less the same step, unlike Simmi which has to have a fairly clean
surface before you can actually get down to polish. If your chrome is
starting to pit, this will dissolve the stuff that settles in the pits
and make them much less evident.

Check it out - works great on chrome, aluminum, brass, stainless...