Wood Dash Work??

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood Dash Work??
From: Jules@learnlink.emory.edu (Sean P. Murphy)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 1994 13:53:19 EST
     I am working on restoring a 1978 Jaguar XJ6L and have had problems with
removing the old finish from the wood dash.  The existing finish is hard,
cracked and yellowed, and I'd like to refinish and restain the wood.
However, removers for polyurethane and similar products don't even begin to
soften the coating that's on the wood.  I'm guessing it's some sort of
plastic coat.  Does anyone have any good ideas on how to take this coating
off without murdering the wood veneer underneath?

     Please respond via mail if possible...

/========/     Sean Murphy, LearnLink Administrator
 !! !! !!      Internet/Telnet: Jules@learnlink.emory.edu
 !! !! !!      Phone: (404)/727-2259